Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Most Exciting 4th of July in History.

Yesterday was so exciting it took me 1 whole day to calm down and blog about it. Although it was my sister Anna's B-Day that's not what made it so exciting. (Happy Birthday Anna!) The fireworks which were fun were not the source of such glee.
It was the Annual Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. Last year Joey Chestnut won by eating 66 Hot Dogs and Buns in 12 minutes. After 6 years he brought the mustard yellow back to US soil from Japan. Yesterday Joey and Kobayashi squared off again. This time after 10 minutes the contest ended in a tie 59 hot dogs each. To settle the tie they were each given 5 more hot dogs and had a sudden death eat off. Joey won by eating those five hot dogs in 50 seconds a full 7 seconds faster than Kobayashi. Congrats to Joey the number 1 eater in the WORLD!

8 comments:

Shed said...

That's you next year, right?

Memzy said...

I like the helmet. Niiiice.

Emily said...

You could totally have won.

Hot Pants said...

I love hot dogs. Especially Oscar Meyers with cheese in the middle.

E said...

I think the most exciting 4th of July in history was the one where we won independence from Great Britain, but that's just me.

TimW8 said...

On July 4th we just DECLARED independance not actually won it. But for me it was when Joey was DECLARED the winner that did it for me.

Markie23 said...

**BURP**

ManicMandee said...

It never ceases to surprise me how a guy can eat like that and stay so skinny.